Samantha:
Future Benevolent Dictator of Earth.......................
by SafeTinspector, her father

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Of Sam and Penguins


    Samantha knows that she is not to pet a strange dog unless Heather or I have given the go ahead and the owner of the dog tells her it's ok. Once unleashed by us, however, Sam charges the hapless animal and its shocked owner with a blood-curdling battle-cry:
    "CAN I PET YOUR DOG?!?"
    Most humans are fools, and most fools think its a fine thing for a beautiful little girl to pet their dog. And so it comes to pass that yet another animal learns about the terrifying brute force of Samantha Whited's rough affection.
    ...You can't see me, but I'm shaking my head ruefully.

    Recently, we went to the Detroit Zoo. Believe it or not, Detroit boasts one of the great zoos of North America, known for its excellent arctic circle, gorilla habitats, butterfly house, reptile conservatory, its fine blah, excellent blah-blah, and world-class blah-blah-blah. But I digress.

Sam and... Sam
    As we walked along, Samantha chumming with a recently befriended little girl also named Samantha, Heather spied a little boy with a realistic plush penguin. Without consulting with me, my lovely wife leaned toward our daughter and made a quiet suggestion. Off shot Sam, yelling,
    "CAN I PET YOUR PENGUIN?"
two polar bears
Frog
Penguins


There are many other pictures from the Zoo. I uploaded them to my Flickr page, if you are interested. Oh, and if you click on the pictures above, they may take you to bigger versions of the same. I make no guarantees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home